Costain is the new contractor for all Highways matters from 1st May 2016. Costain repaired potholes will be insured by Costain, which hopefully means they will be doing some good work! Costain will also clean all road signs annually. We have been assured that proposed work in the locality will be easier to look up online and track what’s happening. East Sussex County Council claims that reporting and fixing highways issues will become easier and quicker.
We have been told that £642,000 for ESCC pothole repairs is being made available in 2016/17 by Central Government.
The road-markings at the Pound have recently been repainted.
Let us know
Thank you to people who have reported road issues to parish councillors.
The better we are informed, the more likely it is that we can get things done.
Reporting potholes and problems online.
You can report issues online at http://www.eastsussexhighways.com/ You will need to provide the following information:
- Where is it? (road name, town, nearby landmarks or house numbers)
- How big is it? e.g. golf ball, tennis ball or football sized (please only measure if safe to do so)
- Your contact details – in case the Highways team needs more information.
DON’T use Fix My Street!
The new contractor, Costain, does not use Fix My Street, so please don’t use it any longer to report potholes. Use the new online system instead.
Repair Time Targets
East Sussex Highways has set the following time-to-repair targets, which depend on the depth and width of the pothole:
- Category 1: At least 100mm deep and at least 300mm wide – make safe or repair within two hours
- Category 2: 60mm to 99mm deep and at least 300mm wide – make safe or repair within five days
- Category 3: 40mm to 59mm deep and at least 300mm wide – make safe or repair within 28 days