Phone 01424 863104
Friendly Neighbours is a community scheme which links villagers who need a helping hand with volunteers who are willing to help.
It is set up to help the whole community, including the elderly, those living alone, people recovering from accidents or anybody who needs a helping hand from time to time.
You will never be asked to pay anything but your volunteer will bring a labelled donation envelope that you can use if you would like to.
- lifts to dentists, doctors and hospital appointments or to the railway station
- practical help with fetching shopping, prescriptions, or collecting pensions
- small household jobs such as changing light bulbs, changing curtains
- pet care including dog walking and grooming
- light gardening, including a one-off tidy-up when you’re not able to manage it alone
- company and conversation, going out for a coffee or a walk, a board game or cards.
- help with mobile phone,s computers and email
- help with letter writing and form filling.
Sorry, but we cannot offer babysitting or other tasks not covered by our insurance. Friendly Neighbours is not attempting to replace the professional services available to our community.