Members of the public are encouraged to attend and time is set aside at the start of the meeting for public participation.
The Parish Council normally meets alternate months, generally on the last Wednesday of the month. The agenda and any attachments are published not less than three days before the meeting and appear on the village noticeboards and here on the website. After the meeting the minutes will be posted here too.
The Parish Council Planning Committee meets in the alternate months between ordinary council meetings. The Planning Committee will normally meet on the last Wednesday of the alternate months unless there are no planning applications waiting to be considered.
Current year meetings of the Council and Committees (2020/21)
Ordinary council meetings are held on the last Wednesday of alternate months at 7.30 pm in the Ashburnham Sports Pavilion.
- Thursday 23rd April 2020 – the Annual Assembly at the Village Hall was cancelled due to the Coronavirus lockdown and neither the parish meeting for the parish of Ashburnham nor the parish meeting for the parish of Penhurst took place at this annual assembly.
- 27th May 2020 – Annual Meeting of the Parish Council. Due to the continuing Coronavirus pandemic the meeting will be a ‘virtual’ online meeting. PC Agenda 27 May 2020 PC Minutes 27 May 2020
- 29th July 2020 – Under the terms of the Coronavirus legislation the meeting will be a ‘virtual’ online meeting. PC_Agenda 29 July 2020 PC_Minutes_29_July_2020
- New Hall Steering Group meeting Wednesday 9th September NHSG_Agenda20200909pub
- 30th September 2020 – Under the terms of the Coronavirus legislation the meeting will be a ‘virtual’ online meeting PC_Agenda_30 Sep 2020
If a meeting of the Planning Committee is required it will be on the last Wednesday of intervening months.