Members of the public are encouraged to attend and time is set aside at the start of the meeting for public participation.
The Parish Council normally meets alternate months, generally on the last Wednesday of the month. The agenda and any attachments are published not less than three days before the meeting and appear on the village noticeboards and here on the website. After the meeting the minutes will be posted here too.
The Parish Council Planning Committee meets in the alternate months between ordinary council meetings. The Planning Committee will normally meet on the last Wednesday of the alternate months unless there are no planning applications waiting to be considered.
Current year meetings of the Council and Committees (2019/20)
Ordinary council meetings are held on the last Wednesday of alternate months at 7.30 pm in the Ashburnham Sports Pavilion. The meetings calendar for the 2019/20 council year is as follows –
- Thursday 26th April 2019 – Annual Assembly at the Village Hall at 7.00 pm
The parish meeting for the parish of Ashburnham and the parish meeting for the parish of Penhurst took place at this annual assembly. 2019 Parish Meetings agendas 2019 Parish Meetings minutes
- 29th May 2019 – Annual Meeting of the Parish Council, the first of the new council year. PC Agenda PC Minutes
- 31st July 2019 PC Agenda PC Minutes
- 25th September 2019
- 27th November 2019 – draft budget meeting
- 29th January 2019 – budget adoption and precept setting meeting
- 25th March 2019
If a meeting of the Planning Committee is required it will be on the last Wednesday of intervening months.