Members of the public are encouraged to attend and time is set aside at the start of the meeting for public participation.
The Parish Council normally meets alternate months, generally on the second Wednesday of the month. The agenda and any attachments are published not less than three days before the meeting and appear on the village noticeboards and here on the website. After the meeting the minutes will be posted here too.
The Parish Council Planning Committee meets in the alternate months between ordinary council meetings. The Planning Committee will normally meet on the second Wednesday of the alternate months unless there are no planning applications waiting to be considered.
Current year meetings (2017/18)
Ordinary council meetings are held on the second Wednesday of alternate months at 7.30 pm in the Ashburnham Sports Pavilion. The meetings calendar for the 2017/18 council year is as follows –
- 16th May 2017 Parish Council Annual Meeting (a change from 10th previously publicised) PC Agenda PC Minutes
- 12th July 2017 Parish Council PC Agenda PC Minutes
- 13th September 2017 Parish Council PC Agenda
- 8th November 2017 Parish Council
- 10th January 2018 Parish Council
- 14th March Parish Council
- Thursday 20th April – Annual Assembly at the Village Hall at 7.00 pm
- 9th May 2018 – Annual Meeting of the Parish Council, the first of the new council year.
If a meeting of the Planning Committee is required it will be on the second Wednesday of intervening months.